Miami Truck Maintenance Safety Regulation
Truck Accident Attorney for Maintenance Issues
Just like any vehicle, the tires, brakes, and other mechanical parts on a large truck will eventually become worn. This routine wear and tear can result in them failing if the vehicle components aren’t properly maintained. In fact, the US Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has regulations in place for trucking companies to properly and frequently inspect their vehicles throughout the year and during operations. These regulations also include any repairs of large trucks to ensure they are safe to operate on the national highways. Regular maintenance is required and something that the trucking company, driver, and maintenance contractor are all responsible for. If proper maintenance is neglected and an accident occurs, it’s a good idea for the injured party to get in touch with a truck accident attorney for maintenance issues.
Our truck accident lawyer for maintenance issues has provided representation for victims in all types of truck accidents. We can handle any maintenance-related accident and ensure that the injured parties receive the compensation they are entitled to. The first step is to get in touch with our legal team to discuss your needs and situation.
Potential Hazards of Poor Truck Maintenance
It isn’t unusual for a trucking company to do as little as possible to maintain the trucks in its fleet. After all, this is a business, and they want to make as much money as possible. As modern trucking companies work to meet schedules and delivery timetables, it isn’t unusual for them to overlook or ignore maintenance needs.
According to information from the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration), it’s necessary for trucking companies to meet certain standards to ensure trucks are safe to be on the road. Some of the parts that need to be maintained regularly include:
- Fuel System: A poorly repaired or faulty fuel system can result in leaks and may cause a fire or some other issue.
- Reflectors and Lights: If the lights of a truck are dim, it can reduce the visibility and range of vision, while also making the truck harder to see by other drivers. This can create a potentially hazardous situation.
- Suspension: If there’s a component in the suspension system of the truck that fails, then the driver may wind up losing control of their vehicle. This is especially problematic when pressing the brakes.
- Tires: If a truck’s tires are worn, it can reduce the driver’s braking ability. Also, old tires are usually more prone to issues like tread separation and other causes of failure.
- Wipers and Windshields: A cracked windshield or low-quality windshield wipers may result in reduced visibility. This increases the potential of an accident.
- Brakes: Most large trucks have an air brake system. These are suited for stopping large and heavy vehicles. Without proper maintenance checks, the brakes may become weak or even fail. If a truck driver is unable to stop, especially when traveling at higher speeds, the possibility of a catastrophic accident is high.
Ensuring proper truck maintenance is a requirement in an effort to protect all drivers on the road. If you are involved in an accident with a truck that was not properly maintained, you should speak to a truck accident attorney for maintenance issues. They can review the facts of your case and help to provide a viable case with evidence to help you recover compensation.
Evidence Needed to Prove Maintenance Issues Caused a Truck Accident
It is important to contact a truck accident lawyer for maintenance issues after any type of accident. The trucking company, with help from their insurance provider, will get to the scene right away to try and gather as much evidence as possible. You need the same representation on your side, which is what a truck accident attorney for maintenance issues provides.
Having an experienced attorney means that you have someone ready to investigate what happened on your behalf and work to protect your rights. As time passes, evidence will be lost, memories of witnesses will fade, and more work must be done to prove who is liable. However, having an attorney available right away will help to maximize the potential compensation you receive.
Keep in mind that federal regulations require that all trucking companies maintain records of the maintenance each truck in their fleet receives. It’s important for important safety components of a truck to be replaced regularly, including the brake pads. Your truck accident lawyer for maintenance issues can acquire these records and find out if the safety needs were neglected or if maintenance obligations were not met.
Let Us Help with Your Truck Accident Case
Hiring a truck accident attorney for maintenance issues is one of the smartest things you can do after being involved in an accident. Our team will investigate the accident and gather evidence that shows improper or lack of maintenance is what caused the accident and your injuries.
When you hire us, our goal is to ensure you get the maximum compensation for your damages and injuries. However, the first step is to contact our Miami office at 305-913-8913. The Durham Law Group will schedule a free consultation to discuss your needs.